April 3, 2025

Sharing is caring!

One of the lawsuits accusing Sean “Diddy” Combs of sexual assault has been dismissed by a judge after the anonymous plaintiff failed to re-file the complaint under her real name.

The woman sued Combs in the Southern District of New York under the name Jane Doe in October 2024, accusing the mogul of assaulting her at a party in 1995.

On Monday, March 31, 2025, a federal judge tossed the case after the plaintiff did not newly file a complaint under her real identity.

“On March 6, 2025, the Court denied Plaintiff’s motion to proceed anonymously and ordered her to file a complaint in her own name by March 20, 2025, or the case would be dismissed,” U.S. District judge Lewis J. Liman wrote in a ruling obtained by PEOPLE. “As of [March 3], Plaintiff has not filed a complaint in her own name, nor has she sought an extension of time to do so. Accordingly, the case is dismissed.”

Combs’ legal team praised the judge’s decision in a statement.

“For months, we have seen case after case filed by individuals hiding behind anonymity, pushed forward by attorneys more focused on media headlines than legal merit,” his legal team said. “The other claims, like the one dismissed today, also will not hold up in a court of law.”

The woman had been represented by Tony Buzbee, a high-profile Houston attorney who previously announced he was representing hundreds of people accusing Combs of sexual misconduct.

Since his announcement, multiple Buzbee clients, including the Jane Doe whose case was just dismissed, have sued the Bad Boy Records founder.

Combs’ legal team also took aim at Buzbee in a statement following the dismissal.

“This is now the second case brought by these attorneys against Mr. Combs that has been dismissed in its entirety,” Combs’ attorneys said. “It will not be the last.”

Despite the dismissal, Combs has still been named a defendant in several dozen lawsuits accusing him of misconduct. He has denied wrongdoing.

The music mogul is also facing criminal charges following a September indictment on federal sex crimes, including sex trafficking and racketeering. He has pleaded not guilty.

Combs’ criminal trial is set to begin in May. He remains behind bars in Brooklyn after being denied bail.

Sharing is caring!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *